December 8, 2022

A Vintage Christmas: My Big Christmas Book by Hayden McAllister - Illustrated by Gisela Gottschlich

It's that time of the year again! The festive season is upon us so let's revisit some holiday classics. The first vintage book featured is My Big Christmas Book. The title is very accurate; it is big but not huge and contains a collection of stories, poems, carols, and craft ideas for the little ones. It is written by Hayden McAllister and illustrated by several uncredited artists. The cover is signed "Gottschlich" (Gisela), whose work covers the majority. Gisela Gottschlich is a German artist and Hayden McAllister is a children's book author. Their works are published with European publishers around the 1970's and 1980's. Little else is known about them. Gottschlich's vibrant illustrations of cute, doe-eyed children are instantly recognizable and have amassed a lot of interest with vintage book and ephemera enthusiasts.

Amazon
Peter Haddock Limited 1980
Hardcover 168p
8" x 10.75"
My Big Christmas Book Front and Back Covers My Big Christmas Book by Hayden McAllister - Illustrated by Gisela Gottschlich My Big Christmas Book by Hayden McAllister - Illustrated by Gisela Gottschlich My Big Christmas Book by Hayden McAllister - Illustrated by Gisela Gottschlich My Big Christmas Book by Hayden McAllister - Illustrated by Gisela Gottschlich My Big Christmas Book by Hayden McAllister - Illustrated by Gisela Gottschlich My Big Christmas Book by Hayden McAllister - Illustrated by Gisela Gottschlich My Big Christmas Book by Hayden McAllister - Illustrated by Gisela Gottschlich

No comments:

Post a Comment